DeWalt Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Kit
Combining power, ease-of-use, ergonomic features and innovations designed for visibility, control and overall performance, the DEWALT DWP611 compact router can handle a variety of applications–from small bevel cuts to large edge profiles and heavy flush trimming. In addition to its beefy 1-1/4 horsepower motor, the DWP611 is equipped with dual LED lights for ample illumination. This package comes with a fixed base, but it’s also available as a kit with both fixed and plunge bases.
Power and Performance
The DWP611 compact router features a 1-1/4 peak HP motor that delivers significantly more power than competitors’ models to help you be as productive as possible. The variable speed control helps you to better manage the tool and determine the speed that is best suited for the application at hand. A low, contoured grip that is close to the work surface also contributes to an excellent level of control–providing both precision and productivity on the job site. The soft starting motor features full time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the cut. An adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64-inch.
Comfort and Convenience
The fixed base’s dual LEDs and clear sub-base ensure maximum visibility in operation. The extended 1/4-inch router collet provides greater bit contact with the bit shaft than traditional routers, allowing you a firm grip on the bit and less vibration. The D-shaped sub-base provides stability and flatness when running edge profiles, and the spindle lock has been designed to greatly improve the ease of bit change by incorporating a large button that can be actuated with the same hand that stabilizes the router.
The router also features two tabs that allow for a quick and simple base release, and a new base/adjustable clamp design so the motor location is maintained through the toughest applications.
DeWalt Compact Router Financing
DeWalt Variable Speed Compact Router Kit Features
- Durable 1.25HP motor delivers the power to meet the toughest applications
- Variable speed control feature enables bit speed to be optimized for changing applications
- Soft-starting motor features full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the cut
- Dual LED’s and clear sub-base ensure maximum visibility in operation
- Adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64″ (fixed base only)
- Plunge base incorporates fine-tune adjustment rod for precise depth setting
- Large, low-pressure spindle lock button allows for comfortable, single wrench bit changes
- Multiple shaft-lock detents enable quick and simple bit changes
- Depth ring and clamping mechanism combine to ensure motor remains locked in position (fixed base only)
- Spring-loaded release tabs allow for quick base removal (fixed base only)
- Motor can be transitioned quickly and easily between fixed and plunge bases
- Overmolded rubber handles provide a comfortable and secure grip (plunge base only)
- Allows up to 1.5″ of depth travel with standard base & 2″ with plunge base
- Aluminum motor housing and base construction provides long term durability
- Extended sub-base provides greater work surface contact for improved user control (fixed base)
- Large plunge base platform provides added stability for heavier applications and sub-base accepts universal template guides
- Extended 8-slot 1/4″ collet maximizes surface contact with router bit shank for a tighter grip
DeWalt Compact Router Financing